Join us at the InterContinental Hotel in
San Francisco for our Winter
Tempering the Bond:
Chocolate Makers & Chocolatiers
Chocolatiers and chocolate manufacturers have been partners in the story of fine chocolate and its evolution over the years. But this is a partnership that is often not acknowledged, fully understood or appreciated. There’s often a lack of knowledge not only on the part of consumers, but the partners themselves. FCIA wants to shine a light on this partnership, explore how to strengthen it, and learn how we can all benefit by tempering the bond between chocolate manufacturers and chocolatiers. Read more . . .
Our Panelists Will Discuss:
- The challenges and benefits in seeking out specialty chocolates from either traditional chocolate manufacturers or artisan chocolate makers.
- The pros and cons in using specialty chocolates for products and how this approach may or may not help chocolatiers to differentiate their products.
- Ideas for helping the consumer to appreciate the extra time and effort it takes to create and produce these specialty chocolates.
3:30 PM Registration Opens
3:30 - 5:30 Gallery Showcase and Networking
NEW! 3:30 - 4:30 Table Talks
5:30 Welcome - Pam Williams
5:30-5:40 Recognition of Excellence Awards Ceremony - Clark Guittard
5:40-6:10 Heirloom Cacao Announcement and Tasting - Dan Pearson
6:10-7:30 Educational Session introduction - Melanie Boudar
6:15-7:30 Educational Session Moderator - Rich Tango-Lowy
Moderator: Rich Tango-Lowy
Chocolate Manufacturer: Chocolate Makers:
Gary Guittard, Guittard Chocolate Company
Brad Kintzer, TCHO,
Mark Harman, Mesocacao
Maya Schoop-Rutten, Chocolate Maya
Richard Tango-Lowy, Dancing Lion Chocolates
- FCIA's Gallery (vendor) Showcase will be open from 3:30-9:00 PM
- Complimentary coffee, tea, and water will be available during the event.
- A no-host bar will be open from 5-9 PM
- A buffet will be open from 5:30-6:30 PM
FCIA Event Sponsors
We are extremely grateful to the generous support from these event sponsors
------FCIA Gallery Showcase Vendors -----
Our (vendor) Gallery Showcase is a great way to check out new products and get advise relevant to you business. Visit companies like Cacao Cucina, Cargil, CocoaTown, Chef Rubber, ECom Trading, Micelli Chocolate Mould Company, Swiss Calet/Felchlin, The Confectioners Friend-TCF Sales, Tomric, Trufflymade, Valrhona. Each offers a wide variety of chocolate/ingredients, tools/equipment, and deep knowledge.
FCIA Refund Policy
All cancellation requests must be received at least 1 week before the event date, sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Unfortunately, no refunds will be made for requests received after that time.
Refunds are subject to a $20 cancellation fee. Refunds will be issued in the same form payment was made. Please allow two weeks for processing.