Join us - Saturday, June 24, 2017
InterContinental New York Times Square Hotel
300 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036
Celebrating FCIA's 10-Year Anniversary!
Limited rooms with special rate.
Details Available Soon.
FCIA - Ten Years and Growing!
New All Day Format!
8:30 AM Registration Opens
9:00 - 10:00 AM: Networking Huddles New!
9:00 - 10:50 AM: Cocoa Sensory Workshop
- Chocolate Maker Huddle
- Chocolatier Huddle
- New Member Huddle
- Presented by Darin Sukha, Ph.D., Cocoa Research Centre, University of the West Indies.
Limited to 45 participants. RSVP during registration. Now Full - a wait list is started.
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM: Table Talks Extended & Expanded!
Session #1: 10:00 – 10:50
Session #2: 11:00 – 11:50
- Five Secrets to Small Business Success for
Chocolate Makers and Chocolatiers
- Mentoring, Meet-ups, Business Survey & More:
Introducing FCIA's New Programs
Session #3: 12:00 – 12:50
- Alternative Sweeteners & How to Use Them
- Rumors, Myths & Truths: Health Benefits of Chocolate
- Scaling Up: Quality vs. Growth
- Inventory Management and Quality Assurance
- What Consumers Really Think About Fine Chocolate: Results from FCIA's National Consumer Research
- Models for Impact: Fair Trade, Direct Trade and Transparent Trade
12:50 - 2:00 PM: Lunch break - meal provided
(sponsored by ECOM)
12:00 - 5:00 PM: FCIA's Not So Silent Auction
1:00 - 2:00 PM: FCIA In Your Corner New!
- FCIA Timeline - Celebrating 10 Years!
- Display Introducing New FCIA Member Benefits
2:00 - 3:15 PM: Quality Along the Cocoa Value Chain and Its Link to Flavor
3:30 - 5:00 PM: Formal Program
- President’s Welcome
- FCIA Tenth Anniversary Celebration
- Recognition of Excellence Awards
- HCP Update and Tasting
- Keynote Speakers
5:00 – 7:00 PM: Gallery Showcase & Networking
- Lite appetizers
- No-host cash bar
- No So Silent Auction winners announced
*** Topics, presenters & schedule are subject to change***
- Lunch served at 1:00 PM
- A no-host bar will be open from 5:00 - 9:00 PM
- An appetizer buffet will be offered during the Gallery Showcase
These FCIA members in the New York area are providing additional activities while you're in the area:
Friday, June 23rd, 1:00 - 6:00 PM - FREE
Tour of bean-to-bar showroom with operating equipment
Saturday, June 24th, 7:30 - 9:30 PM - FREE
After-Party following FCIA's event
All weekend, Friday June 23rd - Sunday, June 25th
20% discount on all chocolatiering activities
FCIA Event Sponsors
We are extremely grateful for the generous support from our event sponsor:
------FCIA Gallery Showcase Vendors -----
Our (vendor) Gallery Showcase is a great way to check out new products and get advice relevant to you business. Visit companies like:
ASpecialtyBox.com - Event Sponsor
Chef Rubber - Event Sponsor
Guittard Chocolate Company - Event Sponsor
Rockgate Group - Event Sponsor
TCF Sales - Event Sponsor
Tomric Systems - Event Sponsor
Dallas Chocolate Festival
DC Chocolate Festival
Diamond Custom Machines
Heirloom Cacao Preservation
Institute of Culinary Education
NW Chocolate Festival
The Big Chocolate Show
Each offers a wide variety of chocolate/ingredients, tools/equipment, and deep knowledge.
FCIA Refund Policy
All cancellation requests must be received at least 1 week before the event date, sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, no refunds will be made for requests received after that time.
Refunds are subject to a $20 cancellation fee. Refunds will be issued in the same form payment was made. Please allow two weeks for processing.