One of the most valuable things about being affiliated with FCIA is the deep knowledge of so many of our long-time members. So, it was a natural to develop the mentoring program where members with a specific question or issue would be matched with a member with experience and expertise in that area.
We just completed our pilot test and have learned so much. First, there's quite a generosity of time and spirit among our experienced members. And there are many of you with questions you need answered to get started or get to the next level. We also learned what worked well administratively and where we need to tinker a bit.
Thank you to our volunteer mentor dream team for helping us figure this all out:
- Erin Andrews, indi chocolate
- Matt Caputo, Caputo's Market & Deli
- Yelena Caputo, A Priori Specialty Foods
- Greg D’Alesandre, Dandelion Chocolate
- Steve DeVries, DeVries Chocolate
- Christopher Elbow, Christopher Elbow Chocolate
- Barbara Wilson, Mindo Chocolate Makers
Now we're ready to launch this program member-wide.
First, we invite volunteers to expand our pool of experienced chocolate makers and chocolatiers willing to serve as a volunteer mentor. The commitment is three one-hour sessions with your mentee. We're not asking you to give away trade secrets. Just a willingness to point your mentee in a direction to help him or her with their issue at hand.
- Mentors: If you'd like to join our mentor dream team, please complete the FCIA Mentor Application.
- Mentees: If you have a question or issue that can be resolved in 3 one-hour sessions and would like to be matched with one of our volunteer mentors, please complete the FCIA Mentee Application.
- Send forms to: Services Manager Jennifer Wicks at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 406.370.8606.