FCIA Seeking Executive Director (Consultant Position)Small, dynamic trade association seeks an innovative leader to help develop and implement targeted programs for the fine chocolate industry. Responsibilities include supporting a board of board of directors and several committees focused on promotions, education/events, supply chain management, diversity and inclusion, and membership. The Executive Director will act as the primary spokesperson for the industry and will oversee a small team to carry out association objectives.
The term is January 1, 2022 - December 31, 2022 with annual renewals, based on performance.
Orientation and Supervision
The Executive Director will report directly to the FCIA board of directors. This is a “virtual office” position to be executed at the Executive Director’s home or office.
The Executive Director is responsible for determining when, where and how to carry out the work, and is responsible for the method, manner and means of delivering the final product or result.
Assigned Roles and Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Provide strategic and operational direction for FCIA team members
- Seek additional revenue sources and secure new partnership opportunities for FCIA
- Recruit new members and provide membership support services (including member benefits)
- Lead weekly staff meetings via teleconference/webinars
- Oversee association websites
- Manage webinars in partnership with Operations Manager
- Draft budget and update board on finances
- Organize and participate in all board and committee calls
- Hold two membership assembly meetings per year
- Provide social media support
- Compose and send electronic communication to members, as needed
- Draft and edit weekly updates and quarterly newsletters
- Assist in other tasks as needed
Workload is approximately 35 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
Part-time, consulting position to work within our annual budget of $60,000.
The Fine Chocolate Industry Association is a non-profit organization representing over 300 members in the fine chocolate industry. Our mission is to promote quality, innovations, ethical sourcing, and best practices in the fine chocolate industry from tree to bonbon.
Applicants are asked to send their CV and letter of interest to Bill Guyton at email@example.com no later than September 15, 2021.