What Is Fine Chocolate?
Ingredients of Fine ChocolateFine chocolate and chocolate products should only contain the ingredients on the following lists, though they may not contain all of them.
Dark Chocolate Ingredients: Cacao liquor, sugar, cacao butter, lecithin, and vanilla.
Milk Chocolate Ingredients: Cacao liquor, sugar, cacao butter, milk solids, milk fat, lecithin, vanilla.
White Chocolate Ingredients: Sugar, Cacao butter, milk solids, milk fat, lecithin, vanilla.
Other names for the above ingredients you might find on a label:
- cocoa liquor, chocolate liquor, unsweetened chocolate, cacao mass, cocoa mass, chocolate fondant, cocoa beans, cacao beans, chocolate beans, cacao seeds, cocoa seeds, chocolate seeds.
- cacao butter, cocoa butter, cacao oil, cocoa oil, cocoa fat, cacao fat.
- Milk, cream, whole milk, condensed milk, milk crumb, dry milk powder, dry cream powder, milk solids, dry milk solids, milk fat, butter oil, butter fat.
- Soy Lecithin, Lecithin, soya lecithin.
- Vanilla, Real Vanilla, Vanilla Beans, Whole Vanilla Beans
- Ingredients: cacao liquor, milk solids, cacao butter, butter, vanilla, natural flavorings, cacao beans, cacao seeds, cocoa powder, nuts, and soy lecithin/glucose
- natural flavors include: real vanilla, vanilla beans, fresh herbs, fresh fruit, fruit purees, liquor